Sunday, June 28, 2009

Super Fast Square In A Square Quilt


















I finally remembered to take a picture of the Square In A Square top I was working on this past winter. I used Anita Grossman Solomon's method, Here is her video that describes how it works. I just used scraps and didn't try to match anything as long as there was contrast. I would like a design wall so I could play around a bit more with block placement.



I have been working on a miniatures garden. I was going to put a rock garden in a place we normally planted annuals, but then I happened to see miniature plants and trees at a garden store and was instantly hooked. This picture is after I planted the plants, the name tags are still in because I wanted to use the picture to draw a diagram so later I will know which plant is which. I am going to the beach sometime this week to get some small stones for a path and accents. I already had the little flower pot and mini gnome.

3 comments:

free indeed said...

Oh, thanks for posting that video for super fast cutting. THat was very informative. This would be agreat quilt to help empty the scrap bin of larger pieces.

Quilty bird said...

I love, love, love your sq-in-a-sq quilt!

Saska said...

Don't know how I found you, but I love your scrap quilt! Thanks for posting the video. I have some fat quarters that may get used up for this. Great scrap buster system.