Monday, December 1, 2008
I finished quilting my Sudoku quilt a couple weeks ago but just got around to taking a picture. I started this quilt almost a year ago. It is hard to tell from the picture but the border fabric is Sudoku puzzles. I procrastinated so long putting the borders on that I saw this fabric at a Joann's and swapped it for the original.
The front was made with FQs my daughter gave me last Christmas, the back is pieced from my bargain basement garage sale fabric. It was my second quilt quilted on a rented long arm.
I made this bag using a pattern from the book, Fat Quarter Quilts by M'Liss Rae Hawley. I didn't use FQs but adapted it to use some fabric pieces my daughter won at a quilt show. It is a very big bag. To fill it out for the picture we put my newly finished Sudoku quilt inside. And it still has more room! It is an easy bag to make. If you used fat quarters it would taking 6 for the outside and almost 2 yards of fabric for the lining.