Sunday, December 30, 2007
I wasn't going to do the Sudoku Quilt on New Years Day because I still have to do steps 2, 3 and 4 for Bonnie's Carolina Crossroads Mystery Quilt but my daughter gave me some fat quarters for Christmas and I wanted to use them in a project instead of stashing them away so the Sudoku Quilt is a perfect project.
I used 7 of the FQs she gave me and picked 2 more from my stash.
Tomorrow I will check to see if I have something appropriate for sashing.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
The second rag quilt is ready for wrapping. This one didn't have much "fuzz".
I don't like the center much and wish I would have done something else but without a space big enough to lay them out it is hard to tell. It looked better on paper.
I finished using the lint shaver on this rag quilt after we got back from the stores today. The black flannel in this quilt was the worst I have ever seen for the after washing "fuzzies". It seemed like it took forever to remove it all.
Except for the red border, all the flannel for this came from my stash, it was a challenge designing this on graph paper because I only had just enough flannel that went together and had to make a design that used it all.
One more rag quilt to defuzz before Christmas.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
I have finished most of the pot holders I was working on. I intend to give pairs of them as little Christmas gifts. I used two layers of old bath towel as filling so they are very thick.
I cut a bunch of strips for the mystery quilt yesterday and snipped half of the rag quilt I am making as a gift. I hope to finish clipping it tonight so I can take both rag quilts to the triple loaders.
Friday, December 7, 2007
I was asked what my light fabrics would be for the Bonnie's Quiltville Carolina Crossroads mystery quilt.
Here is a picture of my lights, if I need more I will throw in some non Christmas fabrics that are about the same colors. I
If I had enough I would just use the one with the stars, but I only have a couple of yards.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
I finished my 110 rail fence blocks for Bonnie's Mystery Quilt. I am doing Christmas colors.
I am using the scraps from cutting for leaders/enders and plan on getting a few Christmas print potholders blocks from them.
I also cut some 5" squares for a few Christmas coaster sets.