Monday, October 20, 2008

Gizmo To Keep The Matching Bobbin with the Spool

I was changing the thread on my machine and started thinking about a better way to keep the bobbin with the matching thread.

I came up with this easy-to-do idea and  thought I would share.


You will need:

Some elastic cord and  buttons with holes big enough for the cord to fit through. My spool used about 10 inches of cord.  



Thread the cord through the two holes in the button and tie the ends together in a knot.






Thread the cord through the spool and the bobbin and slip the end over the button.



9 comments:

lynne said...

you are my new hero!!!! seems so simple doesn't it? i have always wanted a way to do the very same thing, now i will know how to--just waaayyyy too clever!

lynne

Debbi said...

Very cool!

Cher said...

thanks for sharing such a simple but effective idea!

Angela said...

You rock the planet! I have been stumped on this problem for awhile! Thank you so much for sharing!

Shannon said...

Fantastic idea

Kirstin said...

That is so simple, it hurts... thank you, thank you, thank you.... My sewing basket will never be the same!

Melissa said...

This is awesome! I just saw your comment over on quilting gallery and love this idea!

Paul said...

I, like Melissa, just came over from Quilting Gallery.

This is genius! I store bobbins and spools together in baggies when I have colors that I would not readily be able to pull out of the bobbin case.

This method will be MUCH less consuming of the space in my carry case!

Thanks!
Paul
www.OutnumberedQuilter.com

Anonymous said...

Gotta love it!!!