Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sharon Schamber's Basting Technique












I finally finished one of my UFOs and I have Sharon Schamber  to thank.

Sharon posted two videos on YouTube that demonstrated how to baste a large quilt using two boards and a herringbone basting stitch.  

Her method is genious!  

Here's a couple of pictures of my finished Scrappy Bargello.  The Scrappy Bargello pattern I used came from Quiltville

I also used Bonnie's idea of piecing my backs from large squares of fabric.  A great way to use up some of my bargain basement, garage sale stash!

3 comments:

Candace said...

It's beautiful. Billye in Florida just told me about that method, and I am going to try it as soon as I get some boards and the thread. I love your Bargello, front, back, and quilting.

Andrea said...

What a fantastic Quilt! Well done. You should be very proud of yourself.
Andrea, Aussie in Germany

Diane said...

The quilt is beautiful. I love the colors. I saw Sharon's video and wondered how come I did not think of it! Have you seen her binding video with Elmer School Glue. I used the technique twice and love it.