Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Sewing Room & Fabric Art Postcard Display

I have a new sewing room. It seems like it has taken forever but I am almost through putting things away and organizing it. It isn't very big but it is all mine for my quilting stuff. I have used it for a few small projects and it is absolutely wonderful to be able to leave work out instead of packing it away at dinner time. The time saved is amazing!

I have participated in a few postcard swaps and enjoy making and receiving the cards. Up until now, they were displayed for awhile on the shelf above my desk, then tucked away in a drawer. I had a wall space in my new room that looked very bare but wasn't good for shelving. I came up with this idea for a postcard display.



We had to buy the wood and my husband painted it for me, we stapled the fabric strips on the back, the postcards are held in place with thumbtacks so they are removable. The thumbtacks are secured with tie tack clutches on the back. I bought a bunch of the clutches on eBay. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I might glue some old buttons to the thumbtacks......

I am looking forward to the next postcard exchange!

5 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Very, very cute!

June D said...

Very cute display - great that you have an official sewing/project room too! Thanks for sharing!

Cheri said...

Sew clever! I love it! I'm hoping to get in on the next exchange. Time crunched me on this last one.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Does make me think about one wall (right above my machine) that might do the same thing! (it's too small for mapping out a quilt!)

Michelle said...

That's a great idea!